Savant has committed to keeping dealers updated with ongoing sales and marketing support, product innovation, education and training opportunities, including its brand new stay-at-home educational series and one-on-one sessions with a Savant technician during the coronavirus pandemic.
Savant has committed to providing value to dealers across the globe as they face the “new normal,” make tough business decisions, try to support homeowners remotely and simply manage work and home life differently in a rapidly changing climate.
One of the very first and most important decisions Savant made was to mobilise the entire support and customer service teams to work remotely. Because the entire technical team has the Savant Experience installed in their homes and have access to remote hardware should more extensive testing be required, they were able to swiftly decentralise support activities and executed plans for technical support teams to work remotely, continuing to monitor and respond to cases as they arise.
While you may encounter an occasional barking dog or whistling tea kettle in the background, Savant wants to assure you that its technical support team remains at nearly full capability.
In addition to remote technical and customer service, Savant has introduced an education campaign. As Savant President JC Murphy announced last week, “We have nearly 40 live webinars scheduled for our integrators and their teams to attend throughout the months of March and April. In addition to these educational sessions, we have also introduced the ability for integrators to reserve an hour with a Savant Technician to gain even more personalized training on key topics.”
Sessions range from technical demonstrations to marketing seminars, with every one-on-one session registered full through mid-Aril. Key topics include:
- How to utilise Savant Central Manager to Remotely Manage your Projects
- Savant Blueprint Deep Dive on Lighting Manager
- Best Practices in Distributed Audio System Design
- How to maximise your Social Media track to better take advantage of this inexpensive marketing tool
Not only has Savant been able to quickly adjust staffing, the company has also adjusted order fulfillment, allowing for delivery of products for the projects its customers are in the process of completing. This week Savant also started delivering its long awaited Pro Remote X2 to dealers for beta testing. Through the power of technology, all Savant and Racepoint Energy engineering teams are now working remotely with complete (albeit remote) access to QA Labs.
Savant already had a host of tools designed for dealers to do business remotely, including:
- The Savant Store and Community that allow integrators to design projects, quote materials, and place and manage orders. Finance and operations teams can also track order delivery, manage addresses to allow for shipping products direct-to-site (eliminating traditional central receiving), view invoices and financial statements, submit payments online and more.
- Savant Central Management delivers dealers a cloud-based tool that allows for remote system access for offsite troubleshooting and software updates, remote programming capabilities and more.
“As we all continue to adjust to the new normal, one of the bright spots has been seeing how dealers are managing in this new business climate,” says JC Murphy. “I am struck by the resiliency of this channel and the unique ways that dealers have been leveraging technology to provide vital service and assistance to their clients. I believe in the power of this community and encourage all of us to share best practices, supporting each other in these unique times.”
“Thanks to the whole Savant team for the online training you guys have put together,” adds Peter Nicholson CTS, Head of Production, Electronic Environments. “It’s really helping the Electronic Environments team keep techs busy and engaged for the coming weeks. Really appreciate the work that you’ve all done to make this available.”