Distributed in the UK by Karma AV, the compact Vivitek HK2288 UHD-4K HDR home cinema projector delivers 4K images for an eye-brow raising £1500.
Combining UHD-4K resolution with HDR, the HK2288 promises eye-popping big screen detail and contrast with low-latency processing at a keen price point says its distributor.
Harnessing a blend of advanced optical and cost engineering, Vivitek’s machine deploys TI’s recently developed 0.66in 4K DLP DMD chip, which generates UHD-4K’s requisite 8.3 million individual pixels complete with DLP DarkChip3 and BrilliantColor refinements for optimal black levels.
The chip’s innovative eXpanded Pixel Resolution (XPR) technology uses 4.15 million (2716×1528) mirrors, capable of switching over 9,000 times per second to deliver two discrete pixels for each mirror per frame, reformulated through the video processing to map and reproduce the native 4K image.
In tests, the maker says this technology has been able to fully resolve a 4K 1-pixel line pattern and is, by expert consent, indistinguishable from native 4K projection – unlike pixel-shifting techniques employing standard 1080p chips.
The HK2288’s UHD-4K pixel resolution is enhanced by the finer shadow detail, textures and highlights of a 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio involving up to 2,000 ANSI lumens brightness.
These metrics and support for High Dynamic Range (HDR10) content help the 2288 to deliver a quality of picture immersion usually associated with projectors costing at least twice as much, claims the manufacturer.
The 2288’s advanced video processing offers smooth upscaling and motion, as well as a low latency input lag (around 50 milliseconds), especially important to an immersive gaming experience. Comprehensive gamma and colour management adjustments are available to optimise a wide REC709 colour space from a six-segment RGB colour wheel.
Available in white or black finishes, the HK2288 is equipped with a wide 1.39-2.09 throw, a 1.5x zoom, and vertical lens shift for trouble-free installation and set-up. As many as three HDMI 2.0 inputs are offered and dual infrared sensors positioned front and back allow for control from an intuitive full-function remote. Lamp life of up to 4,000 hours is possible in Dynamic Economy Mode. The projector is available to order now.
• Ultra HD 4K (8.3 million pixels) resolution for outstanding detail
• DLP DarkChip3 and BrilliantColor technologies for optimal black levels, and vibrant images
• Up to 2,000 ANSI lumens
• Extremely high 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio delivers spectacular blacks and image definition
• Advanced video processor for streaming stability and 12-bit programmable RGB colour adjustments
• High Dynamic Range (HDR10) for enriched textures and more precise natural colour reproduction
• Wide REC 709 colour space
• Six-segment RGB colour wheel
• Fine image optimisation with advanced calibrations, including gamma and colour management settings
• Advanced HDMI 2.0 (x3) connectors for high-quality digital video signals and quick data transfer rates. Plus Audio-Out (Mini-Jack), USB Type A Power (5V/1.5A), Mini-USB (Service), RS-232
• Long lasting energy efficient lamps that last up to 4,000 hours (Dynamic Economy Mode)
• Wide 1.5x zoom range and vertical lens shift for greater installation convenience and flexibility
• Full-functioning remote with intuitive key pad for easy control
• Dual infrared sensors for handy remote control from either in front or behind the projector
• Dimensions (W x D x H) 430 x 360 x 145mm
• Available in white or black