Since its introduction in mid-2021 the RS250 network streamer from HiFi Rose has found a happy home in many audio systems thanks to its compact footprint, sound quality and user interface, says the maker. From December 2022, Henley Audio is happy to announce that the Korean company is updating its ‘mid-level’ product with new hardware and a new finish option.
The RS250A (£2349.00 SRP) takes the original RS250 design but replaces the digital section and output stage, including upgrading to the ES9028 PRO DAC chip, for a higher level of performance. In addition to the hardware changes, the RS250A is also now available in black finish thanks to customer demand. Both silver and black finish will be available across the UK, offering customers to make a choice that suits their system.
The RS250A is designed to bring together a whole world of digital audio and present it intuitively and enjoyably for auditory and visual pleasure.
Key features include:
- 8.8in wide multi-touch touchscreen
- Support for digital audio playback up-to 32-bit / 768KHz (PCM) and DSD512 (Native DSD)
- New ES9028 PRO DAC chip and 100MHz Femto oscillator
- New HiFi Rose Discrete OPAMP-based output stage
- Stream music from your network or attached devices through the built-in Rose OS MUSIC app
- Airplay, Roon Ready and Spotify Connect streaming available
- Integrated apps for Qobuz, Apple Music and Tidal streaming services
- MQA certified device (full decoding)
- Bespoke Rose OS apps give access to video services, podcasts, and radio playback
- Playback or rip CDs from external optical drives, connected by USB (drive not included)
- Manually adjust output settings to suit the RS250A to your needs
- Special linear power supply configuration minimises electrical noise
- HDMI output for 4K video output to a connected TV (via Tidal, Rose Tube or Video apps)
- Wi-Fi, ethernet and Bluetooth 4.0 (AD2DP SINK, AVRCP v1.3) connectivity
- Bluetooth remote control included, and free Android/iOS apps available