Sky Q customers can now catch their favourite shows and movies directly from their smartphone, as the Sky Q App is now available on Android and iOS.
Since its launch, Sky has been promising Sky Q customers access to their recordings, live broadcasts and favourite on demand services directly from their smartphone or tablet – but until now, only the latter had shipped to their respective App stores.
Sky Q’s smartphone App allows users to access the following features:
- Recordings: Download recordings to the phone whilst at home and then watch them when out and about, without the need for internet connection. Go to On My iPhone or On My Phone to find recordings downloaded before leaving the house. Or when at home users can access their recordings on their phone from the Sky Q box.
- Streaming: Stream live and On Demand programmes on the phone, from sport to box sets, movies and much more. Simply press the play icon or Select Watch Online on the programme the user wants to watch, or Download for later.
- Top Picks: Find recommendations from the best of live and On Demand TV and start watching.
- Remote Record and Download: Never miss the latest episode in a series again. Manage recordings and downloads to the Sky Q box when out and about with the mobile App.
- My Q: Whilst at home, quickly and easily find the shows users didn’t manage to finish or the next episode in a series they’re watching, all in one place.
Luke Bradley-Jones, brand director of TV and Content Products, notes: “We know Sky Q customers love the flexibility of watching TV on their terms. The new Sky Q mobile app will give them even more freedom to watch their recordings, access Top Picks, and stream live and On Demand TV when they’re out and about. So if it’s The Night Of box set, live Premier League or Sky original The Young Pope, Sky Q customers can now look forward to their daily commute or long car journey, while they catch up on the latest and best TV from Sky.”
With the Sky Q mobile App, customers will also have access to the TV Guide, Catch Up TV, My Photos and more.
To access recordings via the Sky Q mobile app, customers will need the Sky Q Multiscreen subscription, although both My Q and Recordings will be unavailable outside the home.