Naim Audio, British audio specialist with 49 years of audio expertise, has added Crestron driver support for its range of music streaming speakers and systems. Joining existing Control4 driver support, the new software gives installers more ways to integrate award-winning Naim performance.
The new drivers allow installers to control connected Naim products from Crestron’s wide range of touchscreens, remote controls and apps, so high-performance music streaming can be more easily integrated into discreet custom installations. The driver also supports volume control and source switching through the Crestron interface, allowing installers to customise the user experience any way they like.
Creston driver features list:
• Enhanced browsing experience now allows access to both a personal music collection and recommended content on Tidal and Qobuz
• New Favourites menu allows quick selection of a wide variety of the most used content – including internet radio stations and TIDAL/ Qobuz playlists
• Search feature to quickly find music on streaming service
• Browse and playback your high-quality personal music collection from a Naim Uniti Core hard-disk music server or UPnP server
• Full switching control of digital and analogue inputs, including HDMI-ARC
• Driver has streaming service credentials built in
The Crestron driver works with all Naim products based on the unique, latest-generation music streaming platform: the Mu-so and Mu-so Qb 2nd Generation wireless speakers; Uniti Atom, Uniti Star and Uniti Nova streaming systems, and ND5 XS 2, NDX 2 and ND555 dedicated music streaming players. Further Naim products – including the Uniti Core music server – can also be integrated, offering the ability to rip and store music collections in high quality for playback through home installations.
The Naim Crestron driver offers two control methods for a Naim streaming product. One is as a Media Driver, allowing browsing and playback of music services. The other is a traditional Zone Driver – enabling source switching, volume control and other functions.
An installer is able to use either or both in a project, allowing them to integrate the Naim product in the most suitable way for each installation.
The driver connects the Naim product to a Crestron processor over a network connection, so does not require any special cabling. Both wired or wireless connection can be used, but we would advise a wired connection for optimum performance.
AirPlay 2, Chromecast built-in and Spotify Connect features continue to operate as normal, and the Naim App and individual product remote controls can also be used. The updated Naim Crestron driver is available now from development partner, Intrinsic.
Naim Audio Crestron Driver Functionality overview:
• Zone Power Control
• Zone Volume Control (inc Mute)
• Source Selection
• Internet Radio Browser
• Qobuz and TIDAL streaming content browsing
Qobuz and TIDAL user favourites browsing
• Rich ‘now playing’ screen for all streaming sources
UPnPTM server content browser
• Streaming media browser uses language setting of Naim streamer.
• Faster media-browsing experience