Sony has announced the European launch window for its innovative BRAVIA XR MASTER Series A90J 4K HDR OLED televisions. The highly anticipated world’s first cognitive intelligence TV in now available to pre-order in select countries in Europe with deliveries expected in late March. The A90J is the flagship OLED model of the new BRAVIA XR series that uses a completely new processing method going beyond conventional AI, designed to replicate the ways humans see and hear.
When we see objects, we unconsciously focus on certain points. Cognitive Processor XR, powered by cognitive intelligence, divides the screen into numerous zones and detects where the ‘focal point’ is in the picture. While conventional Artificial Intelligence (AI) can only detect and analyse picture elements like colour, contrast and detail individually, the new Cognitive Processor XR can cross-analyse an array of elements at once, just as our brains do. By doing so, all elements are adjusted in conjunction with each other for best final outcome, so everything in the scene is synchronised and lifelike – something that conventional AI cannot achieve.
Cognitive Processor XR can also analyse sound position in the signal so the sound matches precisely with what’s on the screen. In addition, it upconverts any sound to 3D surround sound, to deliver supreme realism with an immersive soundscape. It learns, analyses and understands unprecedented amounts of data and intelligently optimises every pixel, frame and scene for the most lifelike picture and sound Sony has ever delivered. With Acoustic Surface Audio+, the screen is the speaker on this BRAVIA XR 4K OLED TV, matching the sound precisely with what’s on the screen for a truly immersive experience.
BRAVIA XR MASTER Series A90J 4K HDR OLED TVs feature the exclusive BRAVIA CORE service. Included with the purchase of all new BRAVIA XR models, users can enjoy a selection of the latest Sony Pictures Entertainment premium and classic titles and the largest IMAX Enhanced collection. BRAVIA CORE is the first in the industry to feature Pure Stream™ technology, achieving near lossless UHD BD equivalent quality with streaming up to 80 Mbps.
Pricing and availability
The BRAVIA XR MASTER Series A90J 4K HDR OLED TVs in 65in and 55in are available to pre-order now in select European countries and with the 83” to follow later this year.
|Model number||UK pricing||Irish pricing|
MASTER Series A90J (83in, 65in and 55in models) OLED TV features:
- Cognitive Processor XR understands how humans see and hear, providing a revolutionary experience that completely immerses viewers in their favourite content
- XR OLED Contrast adjusts brightness for higher peaks in glare and deeper blacks in shadow while XR Triluminos Pro enables a wider palette to reproduce each colour with the subtle differences seen in the real world
- XR 4K Upscaling technology upscales 2K signals close to true 4K quality for incredibly real and detailed pictures
- XR Motion Clarity technology controls moving images precisely to minimise blur so that pictures remain true with less loss in brightness during high speed scenes
- BRAVIA CORE: In collaboration with Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE), BRAVIA CORE is where entertainment meets technology and was developed to add value and showcase unique Sony experiences. Pre-loaded on all new BRAVIA XR models, users can enjoy a selection of the latest SPE premium and classic titles and the largest IMAX Enhanced collection. BRAVIA CORE is the first in the industry to feature Pure Stream technology, achieving near lossless UHD BD equivalent quality with streaming up to 80 Mbps.
- Quick access to an array of content and services with Google TV
- Easy connectivity to most devices, including Apple AirPlay 2 and HomeKit
- Works with Alexa and Google Assistant
- Netflix Calibrated Mode offers studio-quality Netflix content, and IMAX Enhanced delivers IMAX remastered picture and immersive audio by DTS
- Calman Ready offers advanced calibration capabilities and the ability to fine-tune adjustments simply not possible through conventional picture settings
- HDMI 2.1 feature compatibility, including 4K 120fps, Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) and eARC
- Improved Acoustic Surface Audio+ technology delivers more accurate sound positioning and cinematic surround sound, providing pictures and sound in perfect harmony
- Support for Dolby Vision HDR and Dolby Atmos immersive audio will transform entertainment with ultra-vivid picture quality and incredible moving sound
- Ambient Optimization optimises picture and sound quality in any environment
- Two-way stand provides different stand position options, including a hero position to eliminate distractions and a sound bar position to elevate the TV and integrate a soundbar system
- Minimalist one slate design with Seamless Edge bezel embraces the screen in a single pane of glass that’s naturally elegant and keeps viewers focused on the picture without distraction
Hands-free voice search works alongside Google Assistant to provide a smarter viewing experience.