Lyngdorf Audio has introduced a new HDMI 2.1 module for its digital stereo amplifier, the TDAI-3400. The flagship model TDAI-3400 has always been available with different optional modules for analogue sources including phono, as well as modules for HDMI 1.4 and later HDMI 2.0.
As early as January 2021, Lyngdorf Audio was one of the first to market offering HDMI 2.1 in its flagship multichannel processor MP-60, followed by HDMI 2.1 for customers owning the first-generation MP-50. Beginning of March 2023, the latest HDMI 2.1 module will be available for new TDAI-3400 amplifiers, as well as for customers upgrading their existing TDAI-3400. The module offers two HDMI inputs to connect different sources and one HDMI output/ARC connection for the TV.
“We always want to provide our customers with the very latest technologies for the best video/audio experience. Making HDMI 2.1 available for our flagship stereo amplifier and even upgrading existing amplifiers emphasises our focus on technology and customers” says Thomas Birkelund, CEO and CTO of Steinway Lyngdorf.
Key features of HDMI 2.1 include:
• 8K 50/60Hz and 4K 100/120Hz
• Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC)
• Support for Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) and Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) modes
• Support for static and dynamic HDR allowing for extended dynamic range and wide colour gamut
• HDCP 2.3 premium content protection