CEDIA is hoping to encourage new recruits into the custom install industry, and it’s doing that by updating its Boot Camp for 2019; a course that is designed to teach the basic skills integrators need to get started in the industry.
The CEDIA Boot Camp is a five-day course that focuses on foundation knowledge and skills in the most common areas of smart home technology. It is taught by CEDIA Certified Instructors and includes both classroom instruction and hands-on training. The course will also teach the engineering and technical foundations necessary to go on to CEDIAʼs five-day Technical School and the ESC-T certification exam.
As part of its latest updates, the 2019 Boot Camp will offer a one-day course dedicated to testing, measurement and troubleshooting techniques. This course is all about what to do when commissioning systems, and for when things don’t quite go as expected. It covers troubleshooting methods and best practices, electrical system measurements integrators would use in their day-to-day operations, plus hands-on use of test equipment.
Topics covered include:
- Identifying the correct test equipment for a range of electrical and data related systems
- Using test equipment to measure a variety of electrical parameters within AC and DC circuits
- Using a data cable qualification tool to test data infrastructure
- Processes for finding, fixing, and verifying various smart home systems
- Common stages of the test and commissioning phase in a smart home project
The updated Boot Camp course also benefits from a new Electronic and Science Skills day. This will provide attendees with the essential training in the typical maths, science, and electronics that integrators will have to utilise within the home technology industry.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding and manipulating formulae
- Working with triangles, percentages, and ratios
- Waves, frequency, and wavelength
- Electricity and electrical theory
- Tools, PPE, and other equipment needed
- Avoiding client problems through effective communication
While the whole Boot Camp is over five days, sessions can be booked individually. Those sessions will cover Electronic and Science Skills; Cables, Connectivity, and Structured Wiring; Testing, Measurement, and Troubleshooting Techniques; Audio, Video, and RF Systems for Integrators; and Health and Safety. Those wishing to attend can also book it as a package.
The dates for the next courses are as follows:
11th – 15th March
13th – 17th May
23rd – 27th September
18th – 22nd November
CEDIA’s Boot Camp course is available to book for £799 + VAT for members, and £1,199 + VAT for non-members. To find out more and to book your place, visit www.cediaeducation.com.