Primare is pleased to announce the launch of new Prisma applications and automatic OTA firmware update, providing a new build of the network player platform, eliminating past patches and coding to increase control, connection speed and stability, adding new features and functions to improve overall performance. This represents a significant step in the ongoing evolution of the Prisma platform in advance of the pending Roon Ready update, first for the NP5 Prisma, and shortly thereafter for all models.
New Prisma Applications now including Android phone!
Apple (1.3.4(62)) and Android (220.127.116.11) Prisma applications are now in a single app for both phone, in portrait orientation, and tablet, in landscape orientation, for control. New apps are live in Google’s Play Store and Apple’s App Store.
OTA Update highlights include:
All Prisma models
- AirPlay 2 – all Prisma models are now AirPlay 2 enabled
- “Heartbeat” function – this feature improves discovery, as well as active network connection and communication between the Prisma device and application
- WIFI setup – WIFI setup can now be done using three options: Android – from the initial Discovery page in the application; iOS – using AirPlay, from WIFI Settings menu; Google Home – setup with Google Home and a Chromecast account is required to use Chromecast built-in related applications and features.
NP5 network player
- RS232 Link functionality improvements
- Added Digital output setting options:
- Native – native playback, with selectable maximum sampling rate pass-through options of 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 or 192kHz
- Fixed – selectable up-sampling/down-sampling to 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 or 192kHz
- Elimination of pop noises while playing high resolution files over Airplay and Chromecast
- DLNA/UPNP protocol improvements for improved playback performance across all platforms (including solving playback issues with Audirvana and Primephonic)