Billed as the world’s smallest 5.1 AV Amp, EI understands that this handy product which has already been trailed at various tradeshows, is now available.
The Artison Backpack is an ultra-slim surround sound processor/amplifier that discreetly acts as a home cinema hub.
The Backpack features multiple digital and analogue inputs for flexibility and it diminutive dimensions allow for discreet positioning on the back of any display. Despite its size, the maker says the Backpack will reward the audience with a performance that packs a mighty sonic punch.
The five internal Class D amplifiers (3 x 75W and 2 x 30W at 4 Ohms) power any passive LCR and surround channels using Continuous Sigma Technology for Class A sound.
The Backpack also features integrated Dolby Digital, DTS, and Dolby ProLogic II/IIx decoding, and internal 2.4/5.8 GHz antennas for access to Wi-Fi and BT devices.
The Backpack is flexible, accepting a wide variety of sources thanks to its array of inputs; HDMI (3), Bluetooth 4.0, Toslink (1), 3.5mm stereo Minijack (1), and RJ45 (1). The HDMI output (ARC/CED/3D/4K) pass-through makes the Backpack simple to integrate into a single-room system and offers up to 50 channels of amplification in 7 RU.
Measuring just 1.1in H x 11.75in W x11.5in D, the Backpack is designed for high performance home theatre audio and simple installation. As well as being able to be attached to the back of a flat-panel display, it can be mounted both on and in-wall, rack-mounted, or placed on display.
The unit is available from Redline Distribution and RGB Communications.
• Anodised aluminium/satin black ABS chassis, 1.1in H x 11.75in W x11.5in
• Low profile layout for easy installation behind a flat panel display
• Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby ProLogic II/IIx Decoding
• Internal 2.4/5.8 GHz antennas
• On screen display with a Graphical User Interface
• IR remote control or IP controllable via RJ45/Wi-Fi
• Universal voltage high power internal SMPS
Inputs / Outputs
• 3 x 75W speaker level outputs (L, C, R) and 2 x 30W speaker level outputs
(L & R Surround)
• 1 x LFE, single RCA output
• Wi-Fi (b/g/n) / Bluetooth 4.0 (A2DP, AVRCP, SBC)
• 3 x HDMI in / 1 x HDMI out (HDMI 2.0b/HDCP 2.2/ARC/CEC/3D/4K@60Hz/4:4:4)
• 1 x Toslink input
• 1 x 3.5mm stereo minijack aux input
• 1 x 3.5mm IR external sensor input
• 1 x RJ45 input