Monitor Audio has announced the release of four new models within its Custom Installation Amplifier series. These new products further cement the brand’s position within the custom integration field, during its 50th year.
The four new DSP amplifiers are engineered to support the demands of the installer: flexibility, usability, intuitive functionality, easy set-up, ‘superior build quality and outstanding sound performance’, are key attributes underlined by the maker.
All four models offer impressive levels of flexibility, says their creator. They all feature both Ethernet and Wi-Fi connectivity, allowing installers to fine-tune the DSP and set up advanced settings prior to connecting to a network. DSP configuration is available on all models and ensures that the EQ settings work well with selected Monitor Audio Architectural speakers. All four are fully customisable to ensure precision high-fidelity audio is delivered effectively and with realism across even the most challenging interior or exterior environments.
Montor Audio says a new web configurator extends the intuitive and simple installation experience, and ensures the amplifiers are easily integrated within most familiar control systems such as Crestron home, Crestron, RTI and Control 4. A full API is also available for wider custom integrations.
Each amplifier features power sharing technology, with very high-voltage rails to allow a single output stage to deliver the full output power of the system. This means that for low and high impedance 4 and 8 Ohm speakers the channels do not need to be bridged to deliver the highest power levels, and all four amplifier models provide 70v & 100v line support, ideal for garden system applications. This improves overall sound transmission quality and allows the power to be dynamically allocated.
Their high-power density designs enable more channels to be placed into less space than ever before. This keeps overall dimensions smaller for enhanced convenience. Amplification within the four models is delivered via thermally optimised class-D amplifiers, ensuring smaller physical profiles, cooler running and lifelike sound.
The IA60-4 is described as a powerful, highly versatile four-channel amplifier that’s ideal for two zone stereo applications, height channels within home theatre Atmos solutions or small garden systems. It’s 1U half-rack width belies its strong performance, as it delivers 4-channels at 60W or 2-channels at 125W. Using power sharing, it can be configured to a single channel at 250W.
The IA125-4 is presented as a deceptively powerful amplifier that packs ultra-high-density amplification into its compact 1U half-rack form. It delivers 4-channels of 125W or 2-channels of 250W. Like the IA60-4, it’s an ideal amplifier for larger two zone stereo applications and height channels within home theatre systems, where additional power and greater performance is required
Plus, due to its strong delivery of power, it can be used in power sharing mode (250W) to support Monitor Audio’s recently launched THX certified, Cinergy C100 speakers within a home theatre system or medium sized garden.
The IA125-4 is the right partner for the IMS-4 multi-zone streamer, featuring BlueOS for extending user versatility and access to popular streaming services and high-resolution formats and codecs.
IA750-2 & IA750-4
If even more power is required, the IA750-2 and IA750-4 contain all the same features as the IA60-4 and IA125-2 but deliver even more power.
Both are 2U height amplifiers that are ideal for larger installations and outdoor systems using 70/100V line-in, as well as subwoofer installations.
Both offer advanced DSP and preconfigured speaker profiles to get the very best out of the system they are incorporated into, and both are perfect partners for Monitor Audio’s THX Ultra certified Cinergy home theatre system.
To further improve the installation experience, a range of accessories is available to support installers, whether they are locating them within racks, on walls or even desktops.
All four of these 2nd generation Installation amplifiers boast robust, physical designs, and are designed quick and simple to setup through intuitive user ergonomics and practical features. They each deliver reliable power for high performance levels and incredibly lifelike sound.
Summary of key features:
• Four new powerful amplifier designs: IA60-4, IA125-4, IA750-2 and IA750-4
• Enhanced customisable DSP and pre-set Monitor Audio optimised DSP settings (for select models) means systems can be configured for the best possible sound performance
• An intuitive web configuration tool aids simple, convenient setup, and works across all major web browsers to allow access from any platform
• Setup is easy and straightforward with a host of additional options at a touch of a button
• Higher power density designs enable more channels to be placed into less space than ever before and with active cooling the overall dimensions are kept usable and convenient
• Power Sharing Technology allows flexible output across all channels
• Class-D amplification ensures powerful, accurate and lifelike sound is delivered into the most varied and challenging environments
• Models feature a range of inputs from digital in/out to balanced and unbalanced inputs allowing for greater flexibility on audio signal control
• All four amplifier models are capable of driving high and low impedance 4 & 8 ohm speakers via 70v or 100v lines
• Ethernet and Wi-Fi Connectivity with smart home control systems are available
Pricing – Installation Amplifier
IA60 -4 – RRP £1,150 / $1,400 / €1,350 each
IA125 – 4 – RRP £1,650 / $2,100 / €2,000 each
IA750-2 – RRP £2,150 / $2,800 / €2,650 each
IA750-4 – RRP £3,150 / $4,200 / €4,000 each
Pricing – Accessories
Rack Mount – RRP £50.00 / $65.00 / €60.00 each
Wall/Desk – RRP £50.00 / $65.00 / €60.00 each
The Installation range will be available from January 2023