The brand has debuted Sonos Ray, a compact soundbar for smaller spaces, as well as three stylish colors for its Bluetooth smart speaker, Sonos Roam.
Ray is available globally on June 7 for $279, while Roam’s three new colors are out beginning today, for $179 each.
“Homes have become movie theaters, fitness studios, gaming hubs and so much more, all supported by a streaming era that is no longer exclusive to just TV, music and film,” said Patrick Spence, CEO of Sonos. “Ray makes it easier than ever to enhance those listening experiences, thanks to its smaller size, yet impressive sound.”
Sonos says the new Ray offers…
● Room-Filling Sound: Custom-designed waveguides project sound from wall to wall, and advanced processing accurately positions elements throughout the room so users feel like they are at the centre of the story.
● Precisely Balanced: A new bass reflex system with a proprietary design delivers thrilling lows with perfectly weighted bass, while custom acoustics precisely harmonize mid and high-range frequencies.
● Tuned to Perfection: Like all Sonos speakers, Ray was tuned with the input of the Sonos Soundboard, a collection of leaders across music, film and more. Fine tune the sound even further
with Trueplay to create the ideal listening experience for any room.
● Enhanced Listening: Sonos’ Speech Enhancement ensures even greater clarity so users never miss a word, while Night Sound reduces the intensity of loud effects.
● Compact Design: Whether placing it on your media stand or tucking it inside a credenza, Ray’s understated and impressively compact design blends into any space.
● Sustainable Sound: Ray also features the maker’s most sustainable design packaging to date, with a gift box and protective cushions that are 100% post-consumer recycled paper.
Ultimately, Ray brings the brand’s offering to a more accessible price point, making it easy to build a first home cinema setup or expand in more rooms. The new soundbar is compatible with all favourite streaming services, so users can enjoy movies, music and more with simple setup and control – just open the Sonos app and start listening in minutes. Ray can be controlled with an existing TV remote, the Sonos app, Apple AirPlay 2 and more. Add a pair of Ones to create a home cinema setup for surround sound or connect to any Sonos speaker for multi-room listening.
New Colors for Sonos Roam: Olive, Wave and Sunset
Sonos’ ultraportable smart speaker Sonos Roam is now available in three new hues: Olive, Wave and Sunset. Influenced by natural serenity, evening skies and outdoor living, Roam’s new colours are described as being as versatile as the speaker itself, complementing interior and outdoor styles while still harmonising with the rest of the
● Olive: Inspired by lush landscapes from desert cacti to pristine park gardens.
● Wave: Drawing from the serenity of coastal beaches and backyard poolside oases.
● Sunset: Influenced by painted desert sands and vibrant evening skies.
“As we reignite our sense of curiosity and chase new experiences, we’re being more considerate about how the things we wear and carry represent our personal style,” says Maxime Bouvat-Merlin, SVP for Hardware Sonos. “Inspired by the places you’ll go, Roam’s newest colors are the perfect accent piece to express individuality through more ways than just sound.”