At CES, Netgear announced the latest additions to its Unmanaged and Smart Managed Pro switch series with new Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ and Ultra60 PoE++ models – now available worldwide.
Included with the latest additions is the first Cloud managed Ultra60 PoE++ switch in the industry with uninterrupted power PoE for businesses of all sizes.
The global PoE market is expected to offer significant growth over the coming years as widespread adoption of IP communication, WiFi connectivity, and increasing demand for network security cameras are projected to drive the industry demand. PoE devices are now encompassing VoIP phones, IP Security Cameras, wireless access points, proximity sensors, door locks, and new applications such as displays, panel PCs, LED lighting, audio speakers, and POS terminals using the latest PoE++ standard, as well as other IoT devices.
Similarly, as modern business organiSations continue to see a two-fold trend of deploying more PoE devices, with more power, high-performance PoE switches are in pivotal demand to run businesses. With the IoT continuously introducing wired devices for smart home and smart building automation systems, the 802.3bt PoE standard is called to support those devices that require greater power.
To meet these ever-important and business-critical demands, Netgear has developed a series of product enhancements addressing the growth of PoE products on the market. These new members of the Unmanaged and Smart Managed Switch family enable deployment of PoE+ ports exactly where you need them, and include:
- Netgear GS110TUP Ultra60 PoE++ 10-Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch with 4 PoE+ and 4 PoE++ ports and the GS710TUP with 8 PoE++ ports, 1 Gigabit Non-PoE Copper and 1 SFP port, with optional Remote/Cloud management capability. GS110TUP provides a total PoE budget of 240W and the GS710 with a 480W for powerful PoE applications.
- Netgear GS724TPP 24-Port Gigabit Ethernet Hi-Power PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 SFP Ports and optional Remote/Cloud management capability. GS724TPP provides a total PoE budget of 380W for more PoE applications.
- Netgear GS308PP 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged PoE+ Switch with 83W PoE budget. With NETGEAR FlexPoE integrated technology that allows you to increase the PoE budget at any time to provide to your devices the power that they need with an interchangeable external power adapter.
- Netgear GS316P 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged PoE+ Switch with 115W PoE budget. With Netgear FlexPoE integrated technology that allows you to increase the PoE budget at any time to provide to your devices the power that they need with an interchangeable external power adapter.
- Netgear GS316PP 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged High-Power PoE+ Switch with 183W PoE budget for high-power PoE devices. The compact, silent, fanless design makes the GS316PP an ideal cost-effective and future-proof option for any business or home.
- Netgear GS348PP 48-port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged High-power PoE+ Switch with 380W PoE budget and 24 ports PoE+. The GS348PP gives you a cost-effective and powerful switch with the best cost/PoE budget ratio.
“It is no secret that PoE Power capabilities will drive greater efficiencies than ever in 2020 as installers turn to these switches to keep up with user demands,” says Richard Jonker, vice president of SMB product management for Netgear. “Netgear intends to support these businesses in their migration to PoE every step of the way, and we are working to ensure our technology matches their evolved needs.”
Netgear says it is bringing to market the first Cloud Manageable PoE++ switch with Uninterrupted PoE power to businesses. Together with Netgear’s ‘Uninterrupted PoE’ for constant power, the switches provide power flexibility and uninterrupted service. These switches are the ideal solution even for the most advanced business organisations looking for the best combination of features, performance and value.
The GS308PP, GS316P, and GS316PP support Netgear’s exclusive FlexPoE upgradeable PoE power feature. Powered by the industry’s first flexible PoE+ integrated technology, users can increase or decrease the PoE budget by simply purchasing a new external power adapter. FlexPoE switches are also designed to effectively future-proof small business networks and budgets. With Netgear’s FlexPoE, the first two switches help businesses cost effectively increase their power budget to expand their network as needed.
The GS308PP, GS316P, GS316PP and GS348PP support Netgear’s exclusive auto-balance and allocation PoE feature that automatically balances the PoE power based on the device needs independent of PoE class detected. These switches deliver the power the device needs, at the most granular level for better power efficiency and savings.
All of these switches will be shipping within the month with the following pricing:
GS110TUP Ultra60 PoE++ 10-Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch with a 240W power budget for a manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $399.99 USD.
GS710TUP Ultra60 PoE++ 10-Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch 8 PoE++ ports with a 480W power budget for a MSRP of $579.99 USD.
GS724TPP 24-Port Gigabit Ethernet Hi-Power PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch for a MSRP of $429.99 USD.
GS308PP 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged PoE+ Switch with 83W PoE budget for a MSRP of $119.99 USD.
GS316P GS316PP 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged High-Power PoE+ Switch with 115W PoE budget at a MSRP of $194.99 USD.
GS316PP 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged High-Power PoE+ Switch with 183W PoE budget at a MSRP of $219.99 USD.
GS348PP 48-port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged High-power PoE+ Switch with 380W PoE budget and 24 ports PoE at a MSRP of $449.99 USD.