MQA, the technology delivering authenticated master-quality music in a file small enough to stream, has revealed new partners, additional products and more MQA music at the RMAF (Rocky Mountain Audio Fest), and the CEDIA Expo.
Following the landmark launch of Xiami Music streaming service in China earlier this year, users will be able to experience MQA on-the-go with the new wave of digital audio players from a range of Chinese-based manufacturers. These makers sell worldwide with new products available across all international markets.
New partners and MQA-enabled products being announced at RMAF include:
- Cayin, which has recently integrated MQA into its new digital audio players, the N8 and N8 Brass Black;
- iBasso Audio’s DX220 digital audio player;
- HiBy’s R5 portable audio player (MQA-enabled in September);
- The recently announced SMSL Audio’s M500 DAC + headphone amplifier is now available to order;
- Ausounds, the US-based premium audio company that designs headphones and audio products, is announcing its MQA partnership.
Meanwhile at CEDIA, JBL Synthesis is the latest HARMAN brand to join the MQA family, following MQA implementation into Mark Levinson and Arcam products. HARMAN debuted new products from the JBL Synthesis brand, including the SDR-35 AV receiver and the SDP-55 AV processor, while the Arcam SA30 flagship integrated amplifier got its first US show outing. Additionally, Monitor Audio announced its new IMS-4 streamer, which incorporates the BluOS module with MQA capability.
New MQA Music
MQA music availability continues to expand rapidly, including within China where millions of new MQA songs have been made available via the Xiami Music platform.
“With the release of millions of new recordings, MQA enables labels, services and playback partners to continue to raise the audio bar. Combined with the growing selection of MQA-ready digital audio players, more music fans are enjoying authenticated MQA music on the go,” says Mike Jbara, CEO of MQA.
Recent music highlights include:
- A nugs.net exclusive, introducing Third Man Records live shows in MQA to download and stream, including live concert recordings from label owner Jack White, The Raconteurs, The White Stripes and The Dead Weather
- To mark the 30th anniversary of legendary Brazilian hip-hop group, Racionais MC’s, the band’s entire catalogue is now available in MQA exclusively on TIDAL
- MQA-CD has breathed new life into the physical format – notably in Japan, the second largest recorded music market in the world. Warner Music Japan has recently released evergreen titles from artists including Joni Mitchell, Keith Jarrett and the Ramones, while T-TOC Records releases MQA-CDs on a monthly basis. Evolution Music Group continues to champion the format, including Grammy Award-winning jazz artist, Bob James, with his latest Espresso album.