At the CEDIA Expo NETGEAR has announced the launch of two new powerful access points (WAX628 and WAX638E) tailored specifically for the residential custom integration market. Sold exclusively through authorised integrators and custom installers these access points are bundled with four years of both NETGEAR Insight and the company’s ProSupport services.
High quality wired and wireless networking products form the backbone of a smart home. Building upon an existing portfolio of products designed with residential projects and challenges in mind, NETGEAR developed its latest offerings to help integrators and installers continue to delight their residential clients. These new access points for the residential market include white-glove design and ProSupport services, as well as NETGEAR Insight – a comprehensive cloud-based management platform that enables installers to remotely manage their customer’s network from a tablet, smart phone, or laptop.
Benefits for residential installers
Working with NETGEAR, integrators and custom installers benefit from the company’s more than 25 years of networking innovation and technology leadership. Furthermore, integrators and custom installers can get access to network planning, design and post-sales support services provided by a team of Ethernet and WiFi experts.
“With this new, unmatched offering, we’re doubling down on our efforts to empower the custom integration market and set them up for success so they can focus on providing the best service to their clients,” says Doug Cheung, Director of Product Line Management, SMB Wireless at NETGEAR.
• Dual-band (WAX628) and Tri-band (WAX638E) WiFi 6 and 6E access points – Lightning fast, cost-effective WiFi access points offer speeds1 up to 5.4Gbps for WAX628 and up to 7.8 Gbps for WAX638E.
• Robust WiFi 6 and 6E security – enterprise grade security features enable safe access and secure sub-networks with SSIDs and VLANs – all configured and managed via NETGEAR Insight.
• Mesh capability – extends the reach of the WiFi network over greater distances without the need for Ethernet wiring to areas unreachable by cables.
• Backwards compatible – all previous generation WiFi endpoints can connect and take advantage of the superior coverage area.
• 100% more throughput – WiFi 6 Release 2 technology features the use of a 160 MHz channel which in turn results in 100% more throughput than offered by WiFi 6 Release 1 (80 MHz).
• Multi-Gigabit speed with PoE – includes a 2.5 Gbps Ethernet port for creating a non-blocking connection to a PoE++ switch. Ideal NETGEAR switches to power WAX628 and WAX638E are the MS510TXM, MS510TXUP.
Both the WAX628 (available now) and the WAX638E (available soon) come bundled with four years of NETGEAR Insight for remote management and four years of ProSupport, which provides expert guidance to help with access point placement, AV and WiFi network design, and more. They are available exclusively through authorised NETGEAR integrators and custom installers.
More to Show
During CEDIA, NETGEAR’s booth will feature live demonstrations of NETGEAR Insight remote management solution.
NETGEAR experts will offer two Manufacturer’s Training classes as described below. Registration is required to attend:
Designing Networks and Configuring NETGEAR Switches for AV over IP (Thursday, September 29, 9:00 – 10:30 a.m., Room: C147)
NETGEAR Insight for Luxury Homes: A Service Based Partnership with Custom Installers (Thursday, September 29, 1:00 – 2:30 p.m., Room: C144)