Maker claims new models offer the most musical sound for any application including home theatre, vinyl and digital music streaming.
Marantz has announced the SR5014 and SR6014 Ultra HD 4K AV receivers. Extensively tuned by sound acousticians at state-of-the-art facilities, the latest high-powered Marantz SR-Series receivers deliver audiophile-quality sound alongside the latest array of video technologies, says their creator. From nine-channel amplification and IMAX Enhanced upgrades in the SR6014, to the clarity of 4K Ultra HD and the addition of Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization to both models, Marantz argues the SR-Series AV receivers are the ultimate home entertainment solutions for the demanding audiophile and video enthusiast.
Prioritising rich, powerful audio, the SR6014 features high-current discrete power amplifiers on all channels to deliver 185W of power per each of the nine channels. Marantz’s proprietary Hyper Dynamic Amplification Module (HDAM) circuitry provides optimal fidelity and maximum dynamic range of high-resolution files for sound quality. With low impedance drive capability, the SR6014 was made to deliver operational stability with a wide range of speakers providing the clarity and balance users expect from Marantz.
On the cinema room front, the SR6014 supports IMAX Enhanced, Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and DTS Virtual:X. The SR6014 features 11.2ch processing power, using an external stereo amp in combination with the internal 9ch amplification makes a full 7.2.4 or 5.2.6 experience possible. Both the SR6014 and SR5014 add Dolby Atmos Height Virtualisation Technology as well to give users a three-dimensional experience without dedicated height or surround speakers. Listeners can configure up to seven channels for a 7.1 setting while the technology adds virtualised height effects.
The SR Series include eight HDMI inputs, with one located on the front panel for quick connections. Each input supports 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, Dolby Vision, HLG, High Dynamic Range (HDR10), 21:9 video, 3D and BT.2020 pass-through and HDCP 2.3 copy protection standard.
Both the SR6014 and SR5014 support eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel), allowing lossless and object-based audio transmission like Dolby TrueHD and Dolby Atmos from TV apps using a single HDMI cable. The addition of Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) ensures Xbox One users have a more responsive and immersive gaming experience when connected with selected TV models that also support ALLM.
Music streaming and intuitive Voice Control
Leveraging HEOS Built-in, the SR series receivers cover a wide range of streaming services as Spotify Free and Premium, Amazon Music, Tidal and TuneIn Internet Radio plus they work with voice agents Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri. Using a compatible smart voice speaker or phone, users can leverage their voice to stream music directly to the SR-series. With additional HEOS Built-in components, like HEOS-capable speakers or other Marantz electronics with HEOS Built-in, listeners can play all their music in one room or many. Other voice commands include the ability to switch between connected components, adjust volume, pause, mute, play a previous or next track, and more. Further streaming options are given by the support of AirPlay2 and Bluetooth.
Audyssey MultEQ XT32 Room Calibration
With Audyssey MultEQ XT in the SR5014, and Audyssey MultEQ XT32 room calibration in the SR6014, installers can optimise the listening experience. With the supplied measurement microphone, Audyssey analyses each speaker’s output (including subwoofers) at up to eight measurement locations and generates precision digital filters to optimise each channel for the correct frequency and time domain response. MultEQ XT32 operates with a 512 steps filter resolution making the Audyssey calibration even more precise than the MultEQ XT version.
Audyssey Dynamic Volume also smooths out disruptive jumps in volume (such as TV commercials), letting listeners enjoy lower output levels while still enjoying clear dialogue and overall performance. Audyssey Dynamic EQ provides full-range clarity at any listening level, and Audyssey Low Frequency Containment in SR6014 uses advanced psychoacoustic algorithms to deliver more full-range balance, including deep bass, without disturbing neighbours or people in other rooms. Audyssey Sub EQ HT provides individual DSP tailoring of each subwoofer in a dual subwoofer setup for deeper bass with improved definition. With the Audyssey MultEQ Editor app available the user can view and adjust settings for detailed tuning.
Hi-Res Support & Integrated Phono Input for Playback
For listening applications, Marantz sound quality can be experienced via users’ favourite music, games and movies. The SR series can also decode up to 24-bit/192-kHz ALAC, FLAC and WAV lossless files as well as DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks.
Vinyl lovers can connect their turntable to the SR series’ phono input and both models feature an advanced phono stage with HDAM.
New for the 2019 AVR models, the SR series feature HDMI Multiple Input Assign, which allows users to listen to multiple audio sources while maintaining the same video content on-screen. All Zone Stereo Mode—a.k.a. Party Mode— is now storable on ‘Smart Select’, so both Main Zone and Zone 2 will initiate music playback in sync by simply pressing the ‘Smart Select’ button on the remote, app or third-party controllers. The new series also features HDMI Auto Input Rename, which automatically renames HDMI inputs to the source devices, including PS4 and Apple TV, reducing wasted time naming inputs.
A new DSP downmix routine allows native multichannel audio playback in the main room, while listening to the same source in a second zone in stereo. Internal amplifiers can be assigned to drive the speaker in second zone or active speakers or external amp can be connected to the zone pre-outs. Further the 2ch downmix can be wirelessly streamed to connected HEOS devices in the eco-system.
After a firmware update end of 2019, users will also be able to connect their Bluetooth Headphones to the receivers. Once connected, users can either select to play only through the headphones, or simultaneously listen via the speakers even in surround mode and via the headphones in stereo at the same time, with individual volume control on the headphones.
The SR6014 and SR5014 will be available in black or classic silver-gold finishes for £1,249/€1.399/$1,499 and £849/€949/$999 respectively.
SR5014 Key Features:
• 7.2-channel receiver with 180 watts pure Marantz sound
• Current Feedback Circuitry with Marantz New HDAM
• Dolby Atmos (up to 5.1.2), DTS:X, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualisation, DTS Virtual:X
• Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support (dual antenna)
• 8 HDMI in, 2 HDMI out (parallel) with eARC
• 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 colour resolution, HDR10 and BT.2020
• Supports Dolby Vision, Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG), eARC and ALLM
• Advanced Video Processing with analogue to HDMI conversion, upscaling up to 1080p and 4k Ultra HD (30/25/24 Hz)
• Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) for Xbox One
• HEOS Built-in for multi-room streaming, music streaming and voice control
• Supports Alexa, Google Home and Apple Siri voice assistants (depending on the region)
• Supports all major streaming services including Spotify Free and Premium, Amazon Music, Deezer, Tidal, and several others
• Ability to decode high-resolution audio ALAC, FLAC and WAV lossless files up to 24-bit/192-kHz as well as DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks for high-resolution listening
• Easy music streaming via Bluetooth, AirPlay 2 or the HEOS app; Phono (MM) input
• Bluetooth Headphone support
• Audyssey MultEQ XT with Audyssey Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ, Microphone stand supplied
• Setup Assistant and Advanced Graphical User Interface; Colour-coded speaker terminals
SR6014 Additional Features:
• 9.2-channel receiver with 185 watts pure Marantz sound; 11.2ch processing; 11.2ch pre-out
• IMAX Enhanced
• Dolby Atmos and DTS:X up to 11ch (9ch + 2ch external amplifier)
• 3 HDMI outputs (2 main + zone 2 out)
• Advanced Video Processing with full-rate upscaling up to 1080p and 4k Ultra HD (60/50 Hz)
• Audyssey MultEQ XT32, LFC, Sub EQ HT
• Gold plated terminals, Aluminium front panel and small trapdoor design
For more on Marantz, just click here