Uniting Mola Mola’s Makua and Tambaqui designs with Roon-Ready capability, the ‘Kula’ integrated amp extends ‘extraordinary transparency, control, style and convenience to the high-end music systems market’.
Named after the Hawaiian word for school, the long-anticipated Kula is the first integrated amplifier to grace the Mola Mola range. Living up to its name, the multi-talented Kula combines the company’s excellent pre-amp technology, including optional phono and DAC stages, with newly developed power amplification to deliver exceptional performance and versatility from a stylishly slender chassis.
Emulating the distinctive aesthetic of the acclaimed Makua preamp, the Kula incorporates an exclusive Mola Mola developed power supply and power-amplifier capable of delivering 2 x 150W/8Ω, 2 x 300W/4Ω: clearly enough to drive any speaker with ease. The Kula’s Makua-inspired layout offers a line stage having 3 pairs of balanced and 3 pairs of single-ended inputs, as well as the opportunity to include Mola Mola’s MC/MM phono stage and modular DAC section. The comprehensively specified phono stage supplies independent adjustable settings covering practically all known cutting curves while the ground-breaking 32-bit DAC stage (also used by the world-class Tambaqui stand-alone unit) features 5 digital inputs including USB, optical, AES, Roon-ready endpoint and Bluetooth.
Commenting on Kula’s introduction, Andy Baker of UK distributor Sound Design Distribution says “we believe that great hi-fi should aim to be the perfect balance of performance and usability. This precise combination of class-leading properties ensures that the Kula will astound you. It is the integrated amplifier that truly belies its size!”
- 3 balanced and 3 unbalanced inputs, selectable by switch and software
- 2 Pairs of Furutech binding posts. Directly connected to the amplifier PCB using Kubala·Sosna cable.
- All inputs routable through optional processor boards like the phono stage
- Processing balance and input gain offset
- Phase invert and mono sum
- Full software control of routing and processing
- Maximum input level: 20dBu (7.75Vrms)
- Input impedance: 100kohm
- Unweighted Signal/Noise Ratio: 113dB
- 2x 150W/8R @1% 1kHz, 2x 300W/4R @1% 1kHz
- 2x 100W/8R @0.0005%, 2x 200W/4R @0.00075%, 1kHz
- Output Impedance: 2mΩ – 7mΩ (20-20kHz) (measured directly on binding posts)
- Bandwidth 50kHz @ -3dB
- Gain resolution: <1dB, better than 0.2dB over normal listening range
- 6 programmable presets
- Optional Premium Remote control
- Mola Mola Remote app
- Roon Ready (if DAC option fitted)
- Mola Mola Phono stage
- Mola Mola DAC
DIMENSIONS & WEIGHT
- 420mm (W) x 110mm (H) x 370mm (D). Depth includes volume knob and connectors
Mola Mola Kula Integrated Amplifier typical UK retail price (inc VAT): £9,999.00
DAC option: £5,999.00
phono stage: £1,799.00
Availability: January 2021