Introducing the next generation of surround sound from Lyngdorf, the new MP-60 immersive sound processor will launch at CEDIA Expo in Denver with shipping beginning October 2019.
The product has been created for the demanding audiophile, who requires the ultimate performance in immersive formats as well as stereo. Together with the Steinway Lyngdorf version, Model P300, the MP-60 was developed at the group headquarter in Skive, Denmark and is equipped with all the technologies for which Lyngdorf Audio is known, including the room correction system, RoomPerfect and full digital signal processing. The MP-60 features decoding and balanced outputs for 16 audio channels, designed to deliver ease of installation and daily use. With eight HDMI inputs and three outputs (one being HDBaseT) this new machine from Lyngdorf Audio now supports the HDMI 2.1 features eARC, Dynamic Lip-Sync and QMS (Quick Media Switching) as well as the latest decoding and post-processing formats.
With its full 16 channel decoding, the MP-60 offers full support of the immersive surround formats Dolby Atmos, DTS:X PRO and AURO-3D, and the maker argues it delivers a surround sound experience that outmatches anything in and above its class. Allowing a video throughput of up to 18 Gbps, the MP-60 now supports the full 4K 60Hz video stream including the passing of HDR or Dolby Vision information. eARC will allow for a full Dolby Atmos audio bitstream being ‘returned’ to the processor from the television allowing for full audio quality from the TV’s built-in media players. The MP-60 of course also supports the pass-through of the new HDR format for streaming video: HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma).
With its visual speaker layout, the setup menu will enable everybody to have the optimal processor setup for their speaker system, and with the features like the HDBaseT connector, installers can connect to a projector in the ceiling with uncompressed full HD digital video and audio. Three optional modules allow for digital connection to DCI (Digital Cinema Initiatives) movie servers, an AES67 compliant audio system or digitally to active loudspeakers or amplifiers with digital input. Multiple control options allow installers to integrate the MP-60 with control systems, IR sensors, and triggers, whereas the IP-control or the RF remote will offer a direct control of all features. The MP-60 also features a built-in media player, which connects to Spotify and Roon as well as internet radio. Through a cabled network or USB connector, you can also access a library of music and enjoy it in stereo or as up-mixed to a surround sound format. Naturally, the MP-60 is equipped with RoomPerfect, the company’s in-house developed room correction software which it allows to adjust performance to suit each space it finds itself in without the need for acoustic treatment.
The brand is available in the UK from Gecko Home Cinema.
MP-60 Full Specs
- Decoding: Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital, EX & Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS:X PRO, DTS ES Discrete 6.1, DTS ES Matrix 6.1, DTS 96/24, DTS-HD High Res. Audio, DTS-HD Master Audio
- Post procession options: Dolby Surround, AURO-MATIC, DTS VIRTUAL:X
- Audio inputs: 8 x HDMI™ (≤192kHz/24bit), 1 x AES/EBU S/P-DIF input (≤192kHz/24bit), 3 x S/P-DIF coaxial inputs (≤192kHz/24bit), 4 x S/P-DIF optical inputs (≤96Hz/24bit), 1 x USB audio input (≤384kHz/32bit), 1 x microphone input (XLR) for RoomPerfect
- Audio outputs: 16 x XLR analogue outputs (5.0 Vrms), 1 x SPDIF coax digital ZONE output (Fix 96kHz/24bit)
- Audio specifications: Frequency response: ±0,5dB from 20 to 20,000 Hz, Total harmonic distortion: 0.005% max from 20 to 20,000 Hz
- EQ: RoomPerfect, Subwoofer level assistant, 32 x adjustable voicings holding ≤8 shelving, high/low pass or parametric filters with adjustable gain and Q
- Media player: Internet radio (vTuner), Airplay, Spotify Connect, Roon Endpoint (awaiting certification), DLNA Support of FAT32 based media storage
- Video inputs: 8 x HDMI (2.0b – HDCP 2.2), accepts 3D 30Hz, 4K 60Hz (18 Gbps), accepts HDR, Dolby Vision and HLG
- Video outputs: 2 x HDMI (HDCP 2.2), 1 x HDBaseT
- Video scaling: Upscaling of all video to 4K ultra high definition, No downscaling of 4K video
- Control interfaces: 1 x DB9 RS232 connector, 2 x IR sensor inputs, 1 x IR output (loop from one of the sensor inputs), 1 x trigger input, 4 x trigger outputs, 1 x RJ45 ethernet LAN connector, 2 x USB A connectors, 1 x SD card slot , (Backup – storage for system software and settings)
- Accessories included: RoomPerfect microphone, Microphone stand, Microphone cable, RF remote control
- Optional module: 16 channel DCI-compliant digital AES/EBU input for movie servers (≤192kHz/32bit) / DB25), 16 channel digital AES/EBU speaker output channels (Fix 97,565kHz/24bit / DB25), 16 channel AES67 digital AES/EBU speaker output channels (Fix 48kHz/24bit / RJ45)
- Placement options: Rack mount or freestanding
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 147 x 450 x 370 mm or 5.8 x 17.7 x 14.6 inches
- Weight: 9 kg / 19 lb
- Finish: Matte black