Athena is described as an inspired light that delivers a holistic experience – a simple, flexible, all-in-one solution for lighting, intelligent blinds and connected apps. The system is aimed at the commercial, but also light commercial sectors, says Lutron Electronics.
Lutron Electronics, creator of architectural lighting control solutions, brings the Athena architectural solution to global applications. Athena is a simple, flexible, all-in-one solution that elevates everyday experiences with the magic of light, says the maker. The system has been created to marry best-in-class control, flexibility, and simple app-based setup in a lighting control solution that is optimal for both new construction and retrofits and is ideally suited to handle the evolving needs of commercial spaces such as hotels, clubs, bars, restaurants and other hospitality spaces as well as office and other work venues.
Especially now, as commercial spaces are rethinking occupancy patterns and ease of use, Lutron Electronics Athena is built to meet today’s uncharted design challenges while delivering flexibility for the future.
Key features include:
• Universal fixture control – control all load types from a single product with no minimum load requirements.
• A right-sized processor accommodates design and budget in both small and large spaces with no limit to the number of DALI zones – ideal for intimate restaurants, art galleries and museums, and hotel public areas.
• Designed for seamless integration of lights and blinds to deliver a beautiful lighting environment.
• Simple-to-use, mobile iOS application for real-time programming and personalisation including features such as fade times adjustable to up to 4 hours
• Seamless API integration to building management systems for centralised monitoring and control.
Athena is designed to deliver quality light, natural light, a connection to the outdoors, and control options that are focused on enhancing the human experience.
“Across the globe, building design and customer expectations are changing to reflect a more human centric lighting experience. As designers and business owners navigate new challenges, Athena offers a solution that supports the human experience and celebrates nuances in design and culture. For today’s lighting designs, flexibility and simplicity are paramount. Athena is built with this in mind,” says Olivier Perrigueur, Vice President and General Manager, Commercial Business at Lutron.
Most people spend their days under static light that doesn’t change. Athena invites architects and designers to change this paradigm, to extend dynamic natural light deep into the built environment, far beyond the window’s reach. Athena brings the full power of tuneable white, DALI Type 8 fixtures to the designer’s fingertips. With best-in-class fade times, and independent control of colour temperature and intensity – from 100% to 0.1% – create perfect harmony between interior light and natural daylight.
Customise lighting designs with warm dimming and tuneable white control. The simple, mobile app enables dimming to 0.1% light with precision fine-tuning in 1% light level increments for visual presentation and aesthetics that are unique in each space.
Customised controls are also available to meet the needs of occupants and visitors alike – touchless, responsive options like occupancy and daylight sensors or timeclock control, individual Pico remote controls and luxury aesthetics such as Palladiom keypads, or the all-new Athena Touchscreen, and mobile app integration ensure the right options for each space.
Athena processors allow the system to scale easily, making Athena systems as good for small architectural spaces such as restaurants, museums, and boutiques, as they are for large, open-plan office spaces and corporate headquarters.
Design without risk, with simple apps, universal fixture control and a full complement of control options, Athena addresses the needs of lighting designers, facility managers and MEPs alike:
• Intuitive app – Set and adjust lighting scenes right in the space, in real time. Quickly make changes for a special event, and just as easily return to the original settings.
• Touchscreen wall control – a brand new touchscreen option integrates seamlessly into the Athena solution and provides dynamic control of lights and blinds all from one sleek control station.
• Universal DALI control module – simplify design; one module offers control of static white (DALI Type 6) and tuneable white (Tc DALI Type 8) luminaires.
• Manage your emergency fittings from the same system – Athena offers DALI Emergency testing from the same intuitive app used to control the rest of the system. Testing can also be scheduled to reduce overhead on the operations team.
• LED+ universal phase control dimmer – control all load types from one product with no minimum load requirement. Even a single pinhole downlight can be its own zone.
• A wide range of control technologies – smart blind control, and personal control – from simple wireless remotes to sophisticated keypads, occupancy, and daylight sensors that easily accommodate timeclock interface.
• Flexible and retrofit-friendly – Athena cloud-updateable software is easy to keep current and offers a smart lighting and shade solution that can be easily rezoned, reprogrammed and repurposed at any time. Make changes on your own time with no need for 3rd-party assistance.