Featuring 11.2 Channels of Balanced and Unbalanced Pre-Outs, 8K HDMI Connectivity and Marantz’s signature ‘musicality’, the Marantz AV7706 is presented as the ultimate foundation for an immersive home entertainment system.
Marantz has announced details of its 8K surround AV pre-amplifier, the AV7706. Featuring 11.2 channel XLR and RCA pre-outs, the AV7706 is designed as the bedrock of any system demanding masterful fidelity, says its maker.
Designed for use with high-quality external amplification like the Marantz MM8077, MM7055 and MM7025, the AV7706 is not only a strong AV processor, it is a capable analogue preamplifier with Marantz’s proprietary HDAM circuitry in the preamp section, ensuring channel separation, minimum crosstalk and enhanced signal-to-noise ratio.
Additionally, ELNA capacitators together with other selected components in the analogue and digital section, are on-board to ensure exceptional power and dynamic ability for traditional physical sources, like record players and CDs as well as digital media.
Advanced 8K HDMI Connectivity with eARC support
The AV7706 provides decent connectivity options with eight HDMI inputs and three outputs. One dedicated 8K input supports 8K/60Hz or 4K/120Hz pass-through capability, while all other inputs support up to 4K/60Hz and 4:4:4 Pure Colour sub-sampling, Dolby Vision, HLG, HDR10, 3D, BT 2020 pass-through and the latest HDCP 2.3 copy protection standard.
Showcasing all the latest HDMI technologies and specifications, Marantz says the AV7706 enables enthusiasts to elevate their video viewing, gaming and TV watching experience with HDR10+, Dynamic HDR, auto low latency mode (ALLM), variable refresh rate (VRR), quick media switching (QMS) and quick frame transport (QFT) support on all inputs.
The video processor can also upscale any native video source up to 8K quality. In addition, the AV7706 features HDMI eARC which supports 3D audio formats like Dolby Atmos and DTS:X in high quality directly from the TV source.
For full immersion in multi-dimensional audio, the AV7706 supports the latest surround formats, including Dolby Atmos, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology, DTS:X, DTS Virtual:X, IMAX Enhanced and Auro-3D.
Marantz also argues that the AV7706 unveils any detail in demanding scenes in action films, as well as offering the most musical audio playback when feeding an analogue signal or streaming music or listening to high resolution audio files from the private library up to FLAC192 and DSD5.6.
The AV7706 has a dedicated pre-amplifier board featuring Marantz Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module (HDAM) technology that provides ultra-fast slew rate, true wideband performance and maximum dynamic range to deliver the promised sound quality. A separated power supply is designed to just feed the analogue pre-amplifier stage.
For highest fidelity and the widest dynamic range with lowest distortion, the AV7706 uses advanced reference-class 32-bit AKM D/A converters on all channels converting the digital signal coming from the two extreme powerful Sharc Griffin Lite DSPs to the analogue domain.
The Phono EQ stage is equipped with the Marantz HDAMs offering high-speed signal handling and maintaining a clean audio signal for strong sound performance.
The AV7706 is designed to reproduce every note as the artist intended, or the movie sound design engineer created from the silent moments to the massive action. All sensitive audio processing is protected by the stylish aluminium front panel with illuminated porthole display.
The Marantz AV7706 is expected to retail at €2399/ £2199 and is available now.
AV7706 Key Features
• 11.2 channel XLR pre-out; 11.2 channel RCA pre-out
• 2x Griffin Lite DSP for 3D audio: Dolby Atmos, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology, DTS:X, DTS Virtual:X, IMAX Enhanced, and Auro-3D processing for exceptional listening in all your favourite audio styles including Front Wide and Centre Height support
• 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz pass-through support for every entertainment need
• With 8K/60Hz pass-through and upscaling, Dynamic HDR and QMS, enjoy the smoothest, crystal-clear picture quality available
• With 4K/120Hz pass-through, VRR, ALLM and QFT, experience gaming thrills with amazing imaging with reduced lag and tearing
• The latest HDR format support including HDR10, HDR10+, HLG, Dolby Vision, 4:4:4 colour resolution and BT.2020, as well as Dynamic HDR provides exceptional brightness, clarity, and contrast for miraculous picture quality on all 8 HDMI inputs and 3 outputs
• Advanced video processing with analogue to HDMI conversion; SD to HD/8K upscaling
• eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) supports the most advanced surround and object-based audio formats via single HDMI connection between AVRs and compatible TVs
• Dedicated pre-amplifier board with proprietary Marantz HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) for best acoustical performance
• Oversized power supply with audiophile grade ELNA capacitors for fast and clean audio reproduction
• Extended shielding to reduce the risk of interference to a minimum
• Reference-class 32-bit AKM D/A converters on all channels ensures consistent high fidelity and precise channel matching across all channels for the ultimate listening experience.
• Stream music from Internet Radio, Spotify Connect, Amazon Music HD, TIDAL, Deezer and more with Bluetooth, AirPlay 2 and HEOS Built-in
• Advanced room acoustic optimization by Audyssey MultEQ XT32, Dynamic Volume, Dynamic EQ, LFC, Sub EQ HT and professional tuning by optional Audyssey App for the most defined performance in any room incl. Dual Speaker Memory Preset