Sony has partnered with Kramer to produce an education solution that combines Sony’s AR software with Kramer’s Control Solution, requiring less hardware than alternatives. The solution integrates AR software designed for virtual or hybrid learning experiences and artificial intelligence (AI) technologies to transform engagement for virtual and hybrid audiences.
Intended for any education or corporate institution, the solution combines Kramer’s Control Solution and various other audio, video, and management products with Sony’s Edge presentation, visualisation and analytics suite (REA-C1000). The combination also improves the quality of all presentations and communication as edge blends AR software with AI technology. This enhances the presentation experience and improves the visual and audio quality for in-room and remote participants.
Damien Weissenburger, Head of Professional Displays and Solutions Europe at Sony says, “Sony is recognised worldwide for offering superior technology, innovation and support to our customers. The Sony and Kramer partnership combines our collective strengths and expands our power and reach to deliver comprehensive and integrated solutions designed to add value and meet the specific needs of our users.”
Aviv Ron, Vice President, Corporate Development and Strategy at Kramer comments, “Our continued partnership with Sony has enabled us to strengthen the education vertical offering with a single solution that will enhance presentation technology systems and increase learning effectiveness and experience in classrooms and lecture halls. The Sony-Kramer solution is a progressive education-based offering that empowers faculty and professional staff to deliver impactful, cinematic presentations and lesson content in real-time. By digitising the classroom experience, a new learning style is created that gives those in the room and those at home the same great experience.”
Combining Kramer Control with Sony’s BRAVIA 4K professional displays allows the screen to become the control processor for all the AV devices in the room. There is also the option to move away from a centralised control processor by using the Kramer Brainware, which can be installed on Sony’s BRAVIA range.
To provide the education sector with a cost-effective and professional quality presentation suite, lecturers, teachers and presenters can add optional licenses to incorporate features including handwriting extraction across multiple displays, PTZ auto-tracking, close-up by gesture features, Chromakey-less CG Overlay and real-time cropping, all through a single device.
Further key features include:
• Image reproduction for virtual participants using Sony’s PTZ auto-tracking cameras that follow the speaker’s movements throughout the presentation to ensure they stay in focus and within frame throughout their presentation
• Kramer Control Solution embedded on a tablet that lets presenters move around the space freely and easily operate all equipment in the room via single user interface
• Edge handwriting extraction feature ensures that any words and diagrams written on a white board, or a blackboard remain in full view to the audience, no matter where the speaker is standing
• Chromakey-less CG Overlay technology extracts the presenter’s image and overlays it onto any background image, animation, or video in real-time without the need for dedicated studio equipment or a specialist graphics operator
• Focus Area Cropping allows one camera to show two different output images simultaneously and can be set to be shown as either a static or dynamic picture.
The Sony-Kramer solution enables integration with existing devices or as a new installation and can be configured with audio devices, cameras, video bars, webcams and recording devices. It is available now worldwide to authorised vendors.