PPDS – a long-term partner and continued supporter of ISE – has conducted extensive consultations with its global teams and the AV industry, amid the ongoing uncertainty and concerns surrounding the health and safety of travelling and attending the rescheduled industry event, which was originally due to take place last month, Feb 2-5.
On the back of this feedback, in order to protect the safety and wellbeing of staff, partners and customers, and to ensure partners and customers can still receive the latest information on all new company announcements and insights originally reserved for ISE, a special two-day virtual event has now been arranged, allowing the industry to participate from the comfort of their own homes, or office.
The first ‘PPDS Next’ event will take place March 3-4, kicking off with keynotes from Chris Colpaert, General Manager, PPDS and Franck Racapé, Commercial Vice President EMEA, PPDS – providing exclusive early access product updates, vital insights from last year and exciting news about what to expect in 2021. This will be followed by summer, autumn and winter 2021 events.
PPDS General Manager, Chris Colpaert, comments: “The health, safety and wellbeing of our staff, our customers and our partners is of paramount importance. It has been an incredibly difficult year for everyone, with many of us being placed under strong restrictions, limiting our ability to travel freely and go about their normal way of life. While some people, if permitted, will be comfortable in attending an event, there are clearly many who, understandably, are not. We as a company and as individuals fully respect that. We also understand there is a great deal of uncertainty, with many unsure if they should book flights or hotels, based on their own fears or indeed uncertainty if the physical event will indeed take place. As at ISE 2020, we supported our teams in their decisions to participate or not, and we are absolutely doing the same again for 2021. We will not be taking any risks and our final decision, if indeed it’s our to make, will be based on that, rather than financially.”
‘PPDS Next’ – at a glance:
- Showcasing the latest range of Philips professional display products, which have been designed to help drive business forward and thrive in our rapidly changing world.
- More details of our the PPDS brand and market strategy
- Exclusive market insights to fuel your competitive edge
- Details of the new PPDS Online Business Platform
- Hear our panel discussion on driving the circular economy, including market-leading guest speakers – Leendert Jan de Olde, Director Ecodesign & Sustainability at Philips International B.V., Stefan van Sabben, Global CSR and Sustainability Manager at TP Vision – MMD, and Mireille van Engelen, Business Transformation Manager at LQ Nederland
Space is limited, with interest parties required to register via their PPDS sales manager at their earliest convenience.
Chris adds: “Our final decision on our participation, will be dictated by our teams and partners – but to take away some of that uncertainty, we felt it was important to ensure communications with the AV industry, by creating a special two-day virtual event, which they can enjoy from a place they feel most safe and comfortable. We look forward to seeing you there.”
ISE and safety
A final decision as to whether the show will take place or not is due March 1. ISE, for the first time, will have a digital offering, enabling remote participation from anywhere in the world, should people not wish to attend,
Both the organisers of ISE and its new venue partner, Fira de Barcelona Gran Via, have announced an extensive set of measures to maximise the safety of everyone involved at ISE 2021. These include:
- Dedicated entry points with temperature checks required for all prior to entering the venue
- Pre-printing and self-scanning of entry badges
- Digital signage messaging
- On-site testing and quarantine facilities
- Cameras in and around the venue as well as on the metro system to monitor distancing
- Physical distancing and crowd control measures
- Greater ventilation, additional cleaning, and sanitising
- Compulsory face mask wearing in and around the venue.