Based on the simple idea that ‘all meetings matter’, Meet in Place is an innovative business solution for nomadic workers and multi-sized companies in need of offsite office space to meet. Founded in Tel-Aviv by entrepreneurs Yaron Kopel and Michael Dorsman in 2016, this start-up concept introduces easily accessible meeting rooms available for rent by the hour and without any memberships or long-term commitments. In 2019, Meet in Place expanded with four new complexes located in NYC and London, with Europe and the United States next in sight.
The company says that every detail in each Meet in Place complex has been meticulously put together. From the city and street location, interior design and finishes, and technological connectivity – each meeting room has been curated by spatial designers to inspire maximum productivity. The founders of Meet in Place wanted to combine functionality with experience to achieve a pleasant workplace ambience. Large blank screens were a strict no-go. What they envisioned instead was a digital canvas to display works of art.
The vision of Meet in Place was met through the alliance of Niio, Philips Professional Display Solutions and Float Studio. Philips Q-Line UHD Android displays were installed across all complexes and framed in attractive custom-made enclosures. Each screen was then linked to a Niio ArtConsole, which turns screens into a dedicated digital canvas, while providing access to thousands of curated new media artworks from artists from around the world. Through these rotating collections of high-quality artworks and digital exhibitions, the idea is that meeting rooms are brought to life with energy-inspiring visuals that reflect each meeting organiser’s brand story.
- Custom software integration: Niio ArtConsole integration provides seamless access to curated catalogues of video and new media art.
- Ever-evolving artwork: New artwork and premium exhibitions are consistently updated to maintain cutting-edge visuals.
- QuadViewer: During presentations, meeting participants can play four source signals simultaneously on the one screen.
- Remote upgrades: Niio can send software updates remotely to ensure each screen is running smoothly with the latest UI and stability features. Software upgrades are instant and can be directed to the entire fleet or selected rooms.
- Android: Built-in Android opens up an exciting world of possibilities with easy access to apps, content and games.
- Inspire creativity and promotes social interactions: a study conducted by The Harvard Journal of Workplace Learning shows that employees believe art promotes social interactions, elicits emotional responses, facilitates personal connection-making, generally enhances the workplace environment and fosters learning. It also tells us that art which directly relates to the organisation’s mission, and diverse art collections generate deeper engagement for employees and customers.
Click here for more information on Philips Professional Display Solutions