This certification is part of an on-going Pakedge Alliance Initiative to establish an ecosystem of verified compatible solutions in order to minimise integration and installation issues for installers in an increasingly network-centric AV industry.
“After rigorous testing, we are very excited that our flagship X-series line of switches has been certified and is officially compatible with QSC’s Q-Sys systems,” explains Benson Chan, vice president of business development at Pakedge.
“A lot of our commercial dealers provide QSC audio solutions, including a full line of power amplifiers, loudspeakers, digital signal processors and their own Q-Sys Integrated Systems. Customers of both Pakedge and QSC can now use these products, with complete peace of mind, knowing they are fully compatible.”
The following Pakedge X-series Managed Switches have been certified to work with Q-Sys:
• S8Hav – eight port managed switch with eight PoE ports or four PoE+ ports
• S24av – 24 port managed switch
• S24f – 24 port managed switch with front port orientation
• S24Hav – 24 port managed switch with 24 PoE ports or 12 PoE+ ports
• S24Hf – 24 port managed switch with 24 PoE ports or 12 PoE+ ports, front port orientation
• S24P8av – 24 port managed switch with eight PoE ports
• S24P16av – 24 port managed switch with 16 PoE ports
• S24Pav – 24 port managed switch with 24 PoE ports
“The Pakedge X-Series switches are a very solid platform for running Q-Sys’ low-latency audio and performed well through our Q-Sys switch testing program,” adds Joe Peavey, advanced application engineer at QSC Audio Products.
“The AV-friendliness of rear-panel connectors, as well as the ability to apply different QoS settings per-port, make the X-Series a great fit for mixed media installations.”