2N has announced that it has become a member of the Johnson Controls Security Products Connected Partner Programme, guaranteeing the seamless integration of its intercoms with the 300+ devices and technologies that are part of the Johnson Controls C•CURE 9000 system.
The partnership offers a range of benefits for security operators, including:
• A clear graphic interface from which the operator can initiate a call with a person standing at the entrance to the building.
• 24/7 monitoring of the status of connected devices, as well as the status of calls and security alarms in the event log – all clearly represented by icons on a graphic map of the building.
• The practical option of opening the door directly from the main station.
• Improved work efficiency thanks to notifications and the automatic linking of events from the intercom to the access control, video management and other systems.
For installers, it means:
• The direct integration of 2N products into C•CURE via the 2N Plugin for C•CURE.
• Calls between the intercom and the main station can be made via a direct SIP call or via SIP Proxy.
• The advanced linking of alarms from the intercom (e.g. call status, the intercom being opened or motion detection) to actions in other C•CURE systems (e.g. notifications on the display, the launch of a pop-up or the recording of video footage).
Michael Nicholson, Business Development Manager for the UK & Ireland at 2N, says: “Based on a recent 2N survey of more than 120 distributors, system integrators and installers operating worldwide, moving to a system with better integration options is one of the most important motivators for updating an existing access control system. Johnson Controls C•CURE 9000 is one of the top security systems on the market and this partnership gives them a huge range of new integration possibilities. It will help those distributors, system integrators and installers meet the growing demand for smarter, more comprehensive security solutions.”